– PI TAU SIGMA –
Founded in 1915, Pi Tau Sigma is the largest mechanical engineering honors society in the country, with over 170 chapters nationwide. The organization is open to the top 25% of Juniors and the top 35% of Seniors, attracting only the brightest young mechanical engineers in the country.
- University of Miami -
Established in 1925, the University of Miami is a private research institute located in the heart of one of the most diverse cities in the country. The College of Engineering is home to approximately 1100 undergraduate and 200 graduate students. At the University of Miami's College of Engineering, students are engaged in fast-paced learning and cutting edge research. Students are active in giving back to the community with the help of strong relationships between the College and local industries.
- Sponsorship -
Your company can get access to the top mechanical engineering students in the country!
Interested in donating?
Contact Catarina Castuccio-Prince, Assistant Development Director, for more information
-Convention Information & Registration-
- Please arrive before 3:00 PM on Friday, February 23, to participate in the welcoming dinner.
- A program detailing the itinerary will be released closer to the Convention date.
- The dress code for the Convention is business formal.
- All formal Convention events will be complete after the formal dinner on Sat., February 24.
Registration can be paid online by clicking the button “Convention Payment” above, beginning in one week. Checks can also be made out to the University of Miami with “Pi Tau Sigma Registration” in the memo line. It is understood that checks may be delayed in arrival, but the price at the time of online registration will be honored.
- Early Bird Registration: $80.00, this applies to all registrants before January 15
- General Registration: $90.00, this applies to all registrants after January 15.
- Onsite Registration: $90.00, this applies to anyone interested in registering and paying via check only. Guests are asked to reserve their registration online via the Convention Registration link, indicating that they will be paying onsite at the door with a check. No other payment options will be available at the door.
- Questions: Please contact Pi Tau Sigma Advisor Dr. Ines Basalo via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. College of Engineering: 1251 Memorial Drive, McArthur Engineering Building, Coral Gables 33146.
*A $450.00 travel stipend will be provided to once person from each chapter on Saturday, February 24, at the Convention.
- Registration and Payment: Please make sure to complete BOTH the Convention Registration and the Convention Payment to be fully registered.
- Roommate Request: This registration request applies to anyone interested in being paired with a roommate. We will help pair as many solo guest with roommates as possible. Registrants are expected to pay for their own housing once roommate arraignments have been made.
- Refund Information: By completing the registration payment transaction, you acknowledge and consent to no refunds.
Accommodations & Travel
All guests will be staying at one of two hotels:
- Hampton Inn (8200 SW 70th Avenue, Miami, FL 33143).
The price is $169.00/night before tax.
- Courtyard by Marriott at Dadeland (9075 South Dadeland Boulevard, Miami, FL 33156).
The price is $199.00/night before tax.
For both of the options above, please use the button “Hotel Registration” above to book your rooms at discounted prices for the Convention. If you prefer, you can also make your reservation by calling the hotel and mentioning that you will be attending the Pi Tau Sigma Convention.
At this time, only the Hampton Inn option is available.
If you are travelling alone or with an odd number of people, please indicate so using the roommate request option during the online registration, and we will help match you up with a roommate.
Traveling to Miami
For those traveling by plane, please fly into the Miami International Airport (MIA).
To get from the airport to the hotel, you can take the Metro Rail. You can also take a taxi, Uber, or Lyft.